A matchplay pairs knockout competition leading to a Final at the iconic Stoke Park
The Linksbook Matchplay Pairs Trophy is a knock out tournament where members get even more chance to network, make new friends and visit new clubs. We start with regional rounds leading all the way to a fantastic final at Stoke Park Golf Club in Buckinghamshire. It’s the perfect way to add some fun competition and adventure to your golfing summer.
MIDLANDS QUARTER FINAL DRAW (MATCHES TO BE PLAYED BY SUNDAY 26 JULY)
Will Foord (12) Jack Foord (21) v Garry Hartley (18) Tim Furnell (10) at Mickleover GC, Derby
Roger Tuohy (10) Craig Barnwell (15) v Kevin Raybould (14) Andy Brown (5) at Ingestre Park GC, Stafford
Hal Sambrooke (12) Pete Walters (18) v Steve Glennon (10) Andrew Gray (14) at Ingestre Park GC, Stafford
Ian Wood (15) Mick Roche (6) v Dave Woods (20) Leon Loberman (24) at Burghley Park GC, Peterborough
NORTH WEST 1ST ROUND DRAW (MATCHES TO BE PLAYED BY SUNDAY 26 JULY)
Steve Cooke (9) Simon Weathers (15) v Carl Greenwood (8) Rob Wilmington (12) at Wallasey GC, Cheshire Won 3&2
Steve Ellis (19) Simon Ward (21) v Grahame Brickell (24) Amy Brickell (30) at Carden Park GC, Cheshire
Roy Backhouse (11) James Gear (16) v Matt Bergh (2) Mitch Connolly (21) at Royal Liverpool GC, Cheshire
Karl Bergh (10) Steve Morris (11) v Gary Hankinson (12) Paul Woods (6) at Caldy GC, Cheshire
Damon Lawrenson(6) Ian Gallagher (4) v Jack Walton (10) Paul Myers (9) at Ashton-in-Makerfield GC, Wigan
Steve O'Keeffe (12) Duncan Whitehead (13) v Jon Crickmore (20) Doug Carden (17) at Herons Reach GC, Blackpool Won 2&1
Mark Attwell (8) Lee Corns (8) v David Ryley (9) Brian Lodge (23) at Burnley GC, Burnley Won 2up
Simon Conway (8) Bill Conway (14) v Robert Cooper (7) Glyn Andrews (7) at Mellor & Townscliffe GC, Stockport
SOUTH EAST 1ST ROUND DRAW (MATCHES TO BE PLAYED BY SUNDAY 26 JULY)
Chris Bates (14) Tom Bates (13) v Roger Harpum (10) Nigel Lewis (8) at Littlestone GC, Kent Won 1up
Francis Moore (9) Nico Beukman (11) v Geoff Seabrook (25) Trevor Seabrook (15) at Boundary Lakes GC, Southampton
James Hewson (12) Andy Grant (17) v Bob Scott (16) Trevor Hails (13) at Stoke Park GC, Buckinghamshire Won on 1st extra hole
John Haeffele (20) Ian Haeffele (12) v Mark Richardson (18) Joe Richardson (28) at Surrey Downs GC, Tadworth
Daniel Pirie (9) Kieran O'Toole (10) v Simon Britnell (14) Greg Harvey (5) at Panshanger GC, Hertfordshire
Karen Scott (25) Gilly Stimpson (13) v Steve Sinnott (15) Nick Withey (12) at Hazlemere GC, Buckinghamshire
Morag Hutcheon (7) Simon Hudson (7) v Simon Stern (12) Michael Green (9) at Brocket Hall GC, Hertfordshire
Paul Copley (5) Richard Elson (8) v Scott Murray (13) Mike Higgins (18) at Princes GC, Kent
The remaining key dates of the competition are as follows:
By Sunday 26 July
All Regional First Rounds (NW, SE) and Regional Quarter Finals (Midlands) completed
Monday 3 August
Regional Quarter Final Draw for North West and South East
Regional Semi Final Draw for West & East Midlands
By Sunday 30 August
All Regional Quarter Finals (NW, SE) and Regional Semi Finals (Midlands) completed
Monday 31 August
Regional Semi Final Draws for North West and South East
Regional Final Draw for West & East Midlands
By Sunday 20 September
All Regional Semi Finals (NW,SE) completed
Monday 21 September
Regional Finals Draw For North West and South East
By Sunday 11 October
All Regional Finals completed
Monday 12 October
Eliminator League draw (2 matches each, 1 home and 1 away)
By Sunday 22 November
Eliminator League completed
By Sunday 13 December
THE FINAL – STOKE PARK
Competition Terms and Conditions:
1. The format is betterball match play, where the best net score of the four players on each hole wins that hole for their pair.
2. All official current club handicaps or, if casual members, current Linksbook handicaps should be used. Players will receive an allowance of 90% of the full difference in handicaps with shots taken from the lowest handicap in each fourball. Please note if your handicap changes after the draw is made you should use your current handicap and this should be declared to your opponents before you start the match.
3. Where different tees are used by competitors (an example of this would be where Men play from White tees and ladies play from Red tees) a courtesy shot adjustment is made. Players from the tees with the higher SSS are given the additional courtesy shots equal to the difference between the 2 SSS numbers. The same SI is to be used by all players and will be that of the tees with the lower SSS. The Par of the course and the Par for each hole is not relevant for a matchplay competition.
4. All results should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours by the winning pair declaring their match score.
5. The home drawn team is responsible for arranging the fixture. In the event of bad weather, it is the home team who determine whether the course is playable. If for any reason the fixture is not played by the deadline, a toss of the coin will decide who proceeds through to the next round. No deadline extensions will be granted.
6. The home drawn team is responsible for paying 50% of guest green fees for both away team players. The away team is responsible for the other 50% of their green fees and their own travel costs.
7. If one team has been deemed to have made a reasonable effort to have arranged a fixture (by offering at least 3 dates) and the opposing team has not communicated availability or is unable to play on the dates given then the organisers may decide to award a walk over. The organisers decision is final.
8. All entrants agree to have their email addresses and contact numbers circulated amongst other entrants.
9. The draw will not be seeded although every effort will be taken to limit travel.
10. The Eliminator league will involve three teams (the winners of the West Midlands & East Midlands, North West and South East regions) and will see each team play two matches – one home and one away. Each match should be played to it’s conclusion with 2 points awarded for a win. The team finishing bottom will be eliminated from the competition whilst the first and second placed teams will go through to the final. In the event of all three teams being tied on points, or the second place and third place team being tied, placings will be decided on the biggest margin of win in either of the two matches played.
11. All entrants must be current members of Linksbook.
12. All entries must be emailed to email@example.com clearly stating both player names, handicaps, email addresses, home club chosen and region. All entries must be received by midnight on Sunday 28 June. There is no entrance fee. The competition is only open to players in the regions stated which were identified following pre-registration. If a pair are from different regions, all home matches must be played in the region they are drawn in.
13. All Linksbook Matchplay Trophy scores can be entered as official Linksbook matchplays on a members’ profile irrespective of it being a betterball match, but if you have already played one of your opponents in matchplay this season 3 times, it will not count towards your total. To enter please choose just one of your opponents to enter the score against - do not enter the score twice against both opponents.
14. The Final will be held at Stoke Park Golf Club in December. A mutual date should be agreed by both finalists. The organisers of Linksbook will then book the tee time. The golf costs are complimentary but finalists will be expected to cover all other costs, including but not limited to, their own travel and accommodation expenses, food or drinks costs and any golf buggy costs.
15. Failure to comply with any of these terms will result in a pair being removed from the Linksbook Matchplay Trophy and a walk over given to their last opponents.